12.22.2011

Christmas Breakfast In a Flash!

I cant wait for Christmas!!!! There are a few presents under my tree that are calling my name... I seriously think I heard the big box say "Andrea... come open me" lol
This will be the first Christmas in my home as a married couple and I over the top excited to spend Christmas morning with my new hubby & exchange gifts, drink peppermint mocha's & make a yummy breakfast!
I've been looking through my recipes for what I can make for breakfast on Christmas morning. I grew up having Christmas breakfast be just as big of an event as Thanksgiving dinner. So, I'm really excited to go all out!
I wanted to share some of my Christmas Menu Recipes with you guys! This is what I plan to cook Christmas morning before we open our gifts from Santa!
So, If you wanted to do a nice set up for your family this could be your cheat sheet :)
Eggnog French Toast: Cooking time (20 Mins)
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cups eggnog
1 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
12 slices of french bread or Texas toast
Whisk the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, & pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl until it's all mixed up! Pour into a shallow dish (this is where the magic will happen)
Heat up your pan with some butter to make these yummy little guys all golden
Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mix...make sure you coat each side of the bread.
Toss that lathered up bread on your pan and let it get a golden tan! Flip it so both sides are golden.
Once it's cooked serve with powdered sugar & your favorite syrup.
Trick: Pour 1/2 a cup of syrup in a coffee mug & microwave for about 30-45 seconds so it's nice and warm.
Egg, Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole: Cook/Prepare time (55 mins)
6 Eggs
1 lb Sausage (we like a little spice so I get the hot sausage)
30oz package of frozen hash browns
Salt & Pepper for taste
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 Cups of milk
Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain really good.
Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. (sometimes I'll add diced onions to these)
Stir together hash browns, sausage, and cheese.
Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
Pour evenly over potato mixture.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes
Let cool for about 5 mins & eat up!
Merry Mint Fruit Kabob's:
 Cook/Prepare time (10 mins)
Kabob skewers
Fruit of choice cut into cubes
Bunch of Mint
Powdered Sugar
Cut all your fav fruits into cube or bite size chunks. I normally use..Strawberries, Raspberries, & whatever melon is in season.
Skewer the fruit onto the kabob.
While putting the fruit on the skewer add a leaf of mint in between the fruit
Once your done with adding the fruit to the skewer sprinkle a little powder sugar & enjoy!
Peppermint Mocha 
Cook/Prepare time (15 mins)
6 cups freshly brewed Coffee
4 squares  (1 oz. each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1-1/2 cups hot milk
1 tsp.  peppermint extract
8 peppermint sticks
Pour coffee into a large pan. Then add the chocolate; cook on low heat for about 5 mins. or until it's melted (stir while it's melting)
Add milk and extract; stir until well blended. Top each yummy cup with some whipped cream & a peppermint stick
Hot Apple Cider
1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle apple cider
3 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1/3 cup brown sugar

In a slow cooker, combine apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Wrap allspice and cloves in a small piece of cheesecloth, and add to pot. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and keep warm.
I hope this will help you come Christmas morning!
XOXO
Andrea

No comments: